Wyoming County COVID-19 Vaccination Update:
There will be a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Tuesday, March 9th 8am to 5pm at Wyoming County Highway Department. This is only for residents of Wyoming County, ages 65 years and older. Please bring proof of residency and age. No charge for the vaccine but insurance will be billed for an administration fee.
The Wyoming County Department of Health is NOT making vaccination appointments over the phone at this time. Please do not call our Response Line, main office or any other department for vaccine scheduling.
To see a list of providers in Wyoming County offering the vaccine or taking reservations click here.
New York State vaccination sites are open to all Phase 1a and 1b eligible individuals.
The closest state sponsored sites to Wyoming County are Buffalo and Henrietta. To find out about available appointments at these sites:
- Call the New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline: 1-833-697-4829 open 7am-10pm, 7 days a week
- Use the New York State “Am I Eligible?” online application.
To see how the COVID-19 vaccine is administered throughout the state go to: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker.
Free COVID-19 rapid testing will be available by appointment at the Health Department each week. Register for an appointment HERE.
At this time, remember even with vaccine distribution, people need to continue to wear face masks, social distance, and wash your hands frequently.
COVID-19 Vaccination in NY State
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for three COVID-19 vaccines.
- NY State Vaccine Website
Vaccination for the General Public
- It is anticipated to be several months before the general public has access to a COVID-19 vaccine. New York State determines the prioritization for vaccination. See NY State Vaccination Phases & Prioritization.
- Talk to your healthcare provider.
- V-Safe Smartphone App - after vaccination health checker
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
Contact Tracing, Isolation and Quarantine for COVID-19
Novel Coronavirus Hotline: Call 1-888-364-3065 for Information about Coronavirus
Schools & Child Care Providers
- School Report Card
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- NYS School Guidance
- Information about Corona Virus for Child Care Providers from (OCFS)
- FAQs about Monitoring and Movement Restrictions (NYSDOH)
- CDC Info for Travelers (CDC)
- Restricted States and travel guidance