Project Opportunity Listing
As part of its ongoing effort to ensure safe, reliable public drinking water and wastewater infrastructure within Wyoming County, the Wyoming County Water Resource Agency has developed a multi-phase working document, Project Opportunity Listing, that identifies areas within the County that would benefit from the type of project noted for Health & Safety Concerns and/or Economic Development. This Project Opportunity Listing may be modified as situations or conditions change.
WCWRA Project Opportunity Listing
• Village of Wyoming – Water Main Replacement and development of a secondary source. (Current)
• Highland Glens Subdivision – Connection of a 92 lot subdivision into the Cowlesville WD. (Current)
• Village of Arcade – North Street Extension (Water main installation).
• Proposed Town of Covington WD – Assist the Town with the development of a public water supply by assisting with identifying possible district formation areas and other preliminary work.
• Proposed Town of Middlebury WD – Assist the Town with identifying possible district formation areas, survey gathering if needed and other preliminary work.
• Town of Arcade – Water and Sewer extension on Rt. 98 North.
• Village of Perry – Upgrade to the water Treatment Plant thereby increasing capacity. This would benefit the communities served by the Village of Perry Public Water Supply.
• Village of Warsaw – New Storage Tank and water supply lines.
• Finish - Town of Covington/Perry and Town of Middlebury projects.
• Town & Village of Perry – Silver Lake Dredging Project (North End)
• Java Lake Sewer Project – Installation of municipal sewer
• Town of Castile – Gardeau Water District Improvements.
• Town of Castile – Start the process of possibly supplying public water to the West Side and Old Orchard Beach section of Silver Lake.
• Town of Gainesville - Start the process of possibly supplying public water to the Village of Gainesville and Letchworth Central School.
• Town of Sheldon & Java - Start the process of possibly supplying public water to the Strykersville & Java Village Rt. 78 Corridor.
• Provide assistance with water system planning to develop a standardization of services and provide technical/logistical support as needed to address ongoing and/or emergency concerns.
• Assist in the development of, and promotion of, source water protection and wastewater runoff plans.
• Promote the activities and services of the WCWRA.