To protect the health of camp patrons by ensuring children’s camps maintain a safe facility with adequate supervision. Provide inspections and education to camp operators to comply with Subpart 7-2 of the State Sanitary Code.
- In-service training and education for camp operators/ employees
- Inspections of camp facilities twice yearly; at least once while camp is in operation
- Investigation of complaints
- Issuance of permits for Children’s Camp facilities
Steps to Operating a Children’s Camp
- Submit completed applications with application fee to Wyoming County Health Department
- Complete and submit children’s camp safety plan
- Permit issued upon satisfactory inspection
- Permit renewal annually with satisfactory inspection results
Existing Children's Camps
To apply for a renewal permit to operate a Children's Camp Click Here to access our online application.