Medicaid is help
for people who live in
· Health insurance is available for uninsured children under the age of 19 under one of two programs: Children’s Medicaid or Child Health Plus. Family income guidelines must be met, however most uninsured children are eligible. If you need help completing an application for Child Health Plus you may contact Lake Plains Community Care Network, Inc (585)344-1692 or call the toll-free number 1-800-698-4KIDS (1-800-698-4543).
provides health care coverage for adults who have income below
certain levels. If you or anyone who lives with you is 65 years old
or older, certified blind, or certified disabled, you will also need
to give information on bank accounts, insurance policies and other
resources. If you are
pregnant you may file an application at the
is available in
· Family Health Plus provides health care coverage for persons ages19 to 64 who do not have other health insurance and who also have incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid.
· Family Health Plus Premium Assistance Program will pay the portion of your health insurance premiums which are deducted from your paycheck, co-pays and deductibles you are responsible to pay. Your health insurance would need to be determined cost effective and the income guidelines are the same as Family Health Plus.
· Family Planning Benefit Program provides family planning services, certain health education and related medical care to people of childbearing age who have income below certain levels. Applications are also accepted at the Wyoming County Health Department – (585)786-8881.
· Chronic Care Medicaid is available to pay the cost of nursing home care which is determined based on a combination of income and assets. An individual can keep certain money or property for him/herself and his/her family and still receive Medicaid. If the individual or his/her spouse transferred other money or property, Medicaid may not pay for nursing home care for a period of time, depending how much money or property was transferred.
To apply for the
Medicaid services above call (585)786-8900 and an application can be
mailed to you or you may pick up an application at the Wyoming
County Department of Social Services,
For more information about health services select one of the links below: