Building Codes

Our window is open from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday and applications are accepted until 3:30pm.

The Building Department is following the CDC guidance, which advises that fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks or be socially distanced, but unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear masks and be socially distanced in most settings.

YOU MAY SUBMIT APPLICATIONS VIA THE FOLLOWING:

  • Email to: droberts@wyomingco.net 
  • Fax to (585) 786-6020
  • Bring to our window.  We are located at 36 Center Street, Suite C (2nd floor), Warsaw, in the Ag & Business Center behind Yummy's Ice Cream

As soon as we receive your application, we will work as quickly as we can to process it. Please note that we may call or email you to advise you of fees and other needed items. 

*** If you are calling the Building Department phone number (585) 786-8820 and do not receive an immediate answer, please leave a message and one of our staff will return your call as quickly as possible. ***

Thank you!

​​CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY

The NYS Division of Consumer Protection wants to help keep you safe. In light of the public health crisis and with the cold weather season, families are spending more time at home than ever. Did you know that many deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning occur during the winter months? Learn how to stay safe this year by following the tips below, provided in partnership with the Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC):

Carbon Monoxide – Known as the invisible killer, carbon monoxide leaks are undetectable as they are odorless and colorless. Prevention is key, and can be done by taking the following measures:

• Install a battery-operated or battery-backed carbon monoxide detector. Replace batteries once a year in all CO alarms on every level of your home and outside sleeping area. Note that this is different from your smoke alarm.

• Have your home heating systems (including chimneys and vents) inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician.

• Never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. Use generators outside only, at least 20 feet away from your home.

• Never use a gas range or oven for heating.

​ • Open the fireplace damper before lighting a fire and keep it open until the ashes are cool. An open damper may help prevent build-up of poisonous gases inside the home.

​ • Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, and confusion. These symptoms can be mistaken for the flu. If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, and then call 911.

​ • NEVER ignore a beeping CO alarm. If the CO alarm rings, get outside immediately, and call 911. You can find these and more tips by checking out the Consumer Protection Safety Commission website at https://www.cpsc.gov/ . You can also find more information at the Division of Consumer Protection website at www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection.

Fire and Smoke Tests